How often do we get caught up in the moment behind our computer screens and forget about the amazing power right on our fingertips. This power is built on authentic engagement. Recently, Megan Conley wrote an article that was published by Michael Stelzner of the Social Media Examiner. It was all about growing your Google+ engagement.
“Simply put, the conversation starts with you. Merely posting or sharing content isn’t sufficient if you really want to build deep engagement with your community.
It’s equally, if not more, important to interact by commenting on other people’s posts, asking questions and adding your opinion/perspective to existing conversations.
A few hands-on tips to boost engagement:
- Always end your post with a question to spark discussion.
- Respond to users’ comments or questions, and ask follow-up questions tocontinue to drive the discussion.
- Develop repeatable campaigns that are easy for users to participate in and contribute to. Utilize a unique hashtag dedicated to a campaign and stay consistent (e.g., #FeedbackFridays, for which every Friday you pose a question/idea to your customers).
- Use + mentions whenever possible to engage people and invite them to join the conversation.
- Create high-quality, relevant content that is useful to your audience.
- Quotes, beautified/interesting photos and pithy, humorous content are also categories that are very popular on Google+.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR, Megan Conley
Megan is the Founder & CEO of Social Tribe, a social engagement agency that connects brands to customers through social media. Social Tribe has served clients such as Cisco Systems, SAP, SuccessFactors and many others. Follow her on Twitter @megconley @socltribe
Do you follow these simple, but empowering principles of authentic engagement? If not, then maybe it is time to re-think your strategy of engagement.